Office Manager Job Description
MISSION TO AMISH PEOPLE
JOB TITLE: Office Manager
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Joe Keim
JOB SUMMARY: Oversee and perform daily operations at the MAP office in Savannah, OH, manage the SonLight Club ministry, and coordinate staff and volunteers.
After 18 years of serving at Mission to Amish People, Tina Duffield is preparing to step out of her role as Office Manager. My desire and prayer is for God to provide the ministry with someone who is willing to train and mentor under Tina’s leadership for one whole year.
If you are a Godly individual with leadership qualities, a solid faith, and a heart for the Amish and burden for the lost, please pray about applying for this full-time position. Below is a short summary of what is expected from the Office Manager.
- Manage daily operations of the office
- Carry out office reception duties, including frequent communication with various contacts by phone, email and face-to-face
- Coordinate office volunteer events
- Coordinate all required maintenance & repairs on office machines
- Monitor and maintain office supplies, Bible lessons, and prizes
- Organize, train, and supervise individual volunteers and groups of volunteers
- Communicate with local churches
- Write articles for the MAP Update and SonLight Club Newsletter
- Plan and coordinate annual Bible Club promotions and awards program
- Keep records of mailing, student statistics, and grant expenditures
- Provide information and records to the board, supporting churches, and grant foundations
- Have a “heart” for ministry
- Have a clear testimony of salvation
- Have a solid faith, well-established and active in a local church
- Promote teamwork and positive communication among employees and volunteers
- Represent Mission to Amish People in a positive and professional manner
- Be honest and dependable
- Be organized and passionate about accuracy and good stewardship
- Be detail-oriented and meets deadlines
- Have highly developed verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Have a strong work ethic: be on time, willing to go the extra mile to get the job done, dependable and reliable.
- Able to manage and complete multiple tasks simultaneously
- Have computer and typing skills
- Have experience with Microsoft Office software package is a must, including Word, Excel, Outlook, OneNote, Access, and Publisher
- Have transportation and be willing to work out of the MAP office
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associates degree in Business Administration
- Two or more years of experience serving in an administrative role is desired
Disclaimer: The job description and the implementation of said position is open to change upon the direction of the director of MAP Ministry at any time for any reason. The descriptions provided are for organizational and functional purposes and can be changed or altered at any time for any reason.
How to Apply:
If you or someone you know is interested in applying for this position, please fill out and submit an online application: Applying for an employee position with MAP
If you have questions, feel free to email Joe Keim at firstname.lastname@example.org.