Mission to Amish People
Who Is Mission to Amish People?
Mission to Amish People is a Christian ministry to the Amish people as well as those have left the culture. We disciple, evangelize, and assist those people in a variety of ways through our three-fold purpose:
1. Evangelize and Disciple Amish and Former Amish People:
This is being accomplished through personal witness, home Bible studies, home prayer meetings, the Bible Club, The Amish Voice, and the Audio Ministry. MAP also offers counseling and protection to those who are victims of sexual, mental, and physical abuse.
2. Assist older teenagers and young adults who have already left the Amish culture by providing basic Life Skills such as:
- Communicating with English as a second language
- Driving lessons for obtaining a vehicle operator's license
- Learning new cultural norms, expectations and social practices
- Applying for a Social Security card, completing employment applications
- Studying for high school GED testing, considering higher educational levels
- Preparing for job interviews, finding a residence, acquiring home furnishings
- Opening bank accounts and understanding practical financial management practices
3. Expand MAP all over North America
Since the establishment of MAP in February of 2000, the founders have traveled throughout the United States, presenting the ministry to local churches. The goal of MAP is to pass the burden on to others so that they, too, can help reach Amish people throughout the US and Canada.
For a more complete summary of the various ministries of MAP, please click HERE