November 1, 2022
Let’s look at the record of what Jesus did while He was in His human body.
1) Mary, the virgin mother of Jesus, became pregnant through the power of the Holy Spirit (Matthew 1:18).
2) Jesus was born in Bethlehem as a human baby (Matthew 2:1), and God is His Father (Matthew 16:13-17).
3) Jesus came to fulfill the law, and He kept the law perfectly (Matthew 5:17-18). He was tempted in every way, but never sinned (Hebrews 4:15).
4) Jesus carried the cross Himself and was crucified for our sins (John 19:17-18). He knew that His mission to rescue us was finished. (John 19:28-30).
5) Jesus rose from the dead (Luke 24:6), received His new body (Luke 24:39-44), and went to heaven (Luke 24:51) because of His perfect, sinless record in the human body. Jesus is now sitting at God’s right hand interceding for us (Romans 8:34). Jesus did all of this in His human body because we are human.
Let’s look at our record in the human body.
1) We are born and Adam is our father, not God (1 Corinthians 15:22).
2) We are all sinners and fall short of God’s perfect standard (Romans 3:23) which is required to have eternal life. Our record in the human body is nothing but that of a filthy rag (Isaiah 64:6)! The question isn’t if we are going to be condemned or not. We are condemned already. We are headed straight to hell, eternal death, and separation from God forever unless something happens that is impossible for us, as humans, to do.
3) As we can see, we have a terrible situation. We cannot make ourselves right with God. We need the record of Jesus in the human body. So what can we do? Let all the world look to Jesus and be saved forever (Isaiah 45:22). That means turn from anything else we are trusting in to be saved. No piece of fabric, no water baptism, no ordung.
“Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered. Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin” (Romans 4:7-8).
We need the record of Christ in the human body, and we get that by faith. Because of our faith in Jesus, we are also counted as righteous in the eyes of God (Romans 4:24).
We are made right with God by placing our faith in Jesus Christ (Romans 3:22). This is true for everyone who believes, no matter who they are.
So, we need Christ’s perfect righteousness, which is His record in the human body. As we can see from that record, when Jesus was buried, He was raised from the dead, received His new body, and is now sitting at the right hand of God. When we put our faith in what Jesus has done for us, He buries our record of sin as far as the east is from the west (Psalm 103:12) and remembers it no more.
“I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins” (Isaiah 43:25).
He paid for it with His blood. “...and without shedding of blood is no remission” (Hebrews 9:22). God’s will was for us to be made holy by the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ, once for all time (Hebrews 10:10).
“Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God” (John 3:3).
So when we get His record by truly believing in what Jesus has done for us, we are born again. We are set free from the power of sin (Romans 6:7), and we get the same record as Christ. God becomes our Father because He kept the law perfectly for us, and when this physical body dies, we will get our new body and go to heaven with Jesus. It worked for Jesus, it will work for us.
David and Ella
« Back to Articles