What is Prayer?
November 1, 2007
Prayer is our direct line with heaven. Prayer allows us to talk to God! He wants us to communicate with Him, like a person-to-person phone call.
What Do I Say? Praying is like talking to your best friend!
- Ask Jesus to forgive you of your sins and make you new in Him! (Acts 3:19).
- Tell Him your needs! (1 Peter 5:7).
- Thank Him for He dying on the cross for you (John 3:16).
People in the Bible prayed in the following ways.
- Standing (Gen 24:12-14)
- Lifting the hands (1 Tim 2:8)
- Sitting (Judges 20:26)
- Kneeling (Mark 1:40)
- Looking upward (John 17:1)
- Bowing down (Exodus 34:8)
- Placing the head between the knees (1 Kings 18:42)
- Pounding on the breast (Luke 18:13)
- Facing the temple (Dan 6:10)
Matthew 17:20...I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
comments powered by Disqus
« Back to Articles