Mission to Amish People
Top 10 Reasons to Attend This Year's Amish Awareness Conference:
Ephraim and Amanda Stoltzfus, who appeared in the BBC documentary, Trouble in Amish Paradise, will be one of several former Amish speakers. Don't miss their testimony and how God is using them to bring others into His kingdom. (see video below)
- Former Amish and English learning from each other via discussion panels.
- Joseph Graber will speak on his latest film, Breaking the Silence - MyAmishStory.com
- Learn about Amish culture, beliefs, effects of legalism, evangelism and stumbling blocks.
- Worship, preaching and breakout sessions.
- Children's conference downstairs while parents attend Amish Awareness upstairs.
- Home cooked, family style meals served on Thursday and Friday.
- Special sessions for the former Amish who are dealing with the past and struggling to fit in.
- Testimonies from former Amish.
- Meet authors and make new friends.
- Swiss yodeling and a Thursday evening concert with the Schmidts and First Love.
Free Ebook Weekend!
Today through March 31st, Amazon is offering free access to two Ebooks written by director and founder of MAP Ministry, Joe Keim. The two books, Amish: Born Again the Same Way as Others? and Excommunication & Shunning: Is it Biblical? are available free to the public and can be found and downloaded by clicking on the following two books:
Weekly Facebook Drawing!!
Every week, we post a book, CD, or game on our Facebook page that you can share with friends and enter to win. This week, the product up for grabs is the book, Called to be Amish, by Marlene C. Miller.
About Called to be Amish:
Fewer than one hundred outsiders have joined the Old–Order Amish—and stayed—since 1950. Marlene C. Miller is one of them. In this rare memoir, Marlene recounts her unhappy and abusive childhood, how she throws herself into cheerleading and marching band, and how she falls in love with Johnny, the gentle young Amish man who helps her lace her ice skates.
Against the wishes of both sets of parents, Marlene and Johnny get married and begin a family. Follow the author on this unusual journey to find out how God’s love called her out of bitterness and depression and into the warm embrace of her new Amish community.
Accompany her as she dons an Amish dress and prayer covering and gets baptized. Learn how she endures the strain of ten children, a hundred-acre farm, and accidents and tragedy, and find out how she comes close to walking away from it all. Turning Amish has proven to be anything but plain and simple for this former majorette. But nearly fifty years later, Marlene is still living out God’s call as an Old Order Amish woman.
To go to our Facebook page and enter for your chance to win this week's prize, please
Coming in 2015!
Breaking the Silence
For more information and how you can get involved in this exciting new project, please go to: