Mission to Amish People
Top 10 Reasons to Attend This Year's Amish Awareness Conference:
Ephraim and Amanda Stoltzfus, who appeared in the BBC documentary, Trouble in Amish Paradise, will be one of several former Amish speakers. Don't miss their testimony and how God is using them to bring others into His kingdom. (see video below)
- Former Amish and English learning from each other via discussion panels.
- Joseph Graber will speak on his latest film, Breaking the Silence - MyAmishStory.com
- Learn about Amish culture, beliefs, effects of legalism, evangelism and stumbling blocks.
- Worship, preaching and breakout sessions.
- Children's conference downstairs while parents attend Amish Awareness upstairs.
- Home cooked, family style meals served on Thursday and Friday.
- Special sessions for the former Amish who are dealing with the past and struggling to fit in.
- Testimonies from former Amish.
- Meet authors and make new friends.
- Swiss yodeling and a Thursday evening concert with the Schmidts and First Love.
Weekly Facebook Drawing!!
Every week, we post a book, CD, or game on our Facebook page that people can share with friends and enter to win. This week, the product up for grabs is the book, "Plain Faith," by Irene and Ora Jay Eash.
This is the true story of Ora-Jay and Irene Eash, Amish farmers from northwest Montana whose lives changed in an instant when a semi-truck struck their family buggy, killing their two young daughters.
After the accident, the couple turned to their Amish community for comfort, but they remained haunted by the thought that they might not see their girls again in heaven. Would their deeds be good enough?
Eventually Ora-Jay and Irene learned that grace---not works---was enough to ensure their place in eternity. But with that knowledge came the realization that they could no longer live in an Amish community that didn’t share this precious belief. Could they sever their connection to the Amish family they loved?
This is the story of their journey to the hope that is heaven, a hope stronger than the loss of children, family, and a way of life. Fans of Amish fiction will appreciate such a real-life look into the Amish community, co-written by bestselling author Tricia Goyer, and readers of all kinds will resonate with this tale of courage, resilience, and the redemption found in the grace of Jesus.
Go to our Facebook page to enter this week's drawing!
Coming in 2015!
Breaking the Silence
For more information and how you can get involved in this exciting new project, please go to: