Security of a Believer
By Joe Keim
June 6, 2010
When a man/woman is born again, the Bible says:
1. The believer is translated from the power of darkness:
Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
2. The believer SHALL not come into condemnation but is PASSED from DEATH unto LIFE:
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
3. The believer is SEALED with the Holy Spirit:
In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise.
And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
4. The believer has eternal life and shall never perish:
And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
5. The believer is kept by the power of God:
Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
6. The believer is born of God:
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
7. The believer has been saved:
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.
8. The believer is in the Father's hand:
My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
9. The believers continue with God:
I John 2:19
They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us. (The proof of the believer is his continuance. False professors fall out by the way. Had they been true believers they would have continued)
10. The believer liveth and abideth forever:
I Peter 1:23
Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth forever.
11. The believer will appear with Christ in glory:
When Christ, who is our life, shall appear then shall ye also appear with him in glory.
12. The believer's hope is incorruptible, undefiled, and reserved (set aside) in Heaven for him; it is kept by the power of God:
I Peter 1:4-5
To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you, who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
13. The believer will in no wise be cast out. (Not under any circumstances)
All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
14. Christ will not lose a single believer:
And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
15. Christ will complete salvation until the end:
Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ.
16. The believer to be like Christ:
I John 3:2
Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
17. The believer is perfected forever:
For by one offering he hath perfected forever them that are sanctified.
18. The believer made righteous through Christ's obedience:
Romans 5:18, 19
Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life. For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
19. Because the Holy Spirit abides in the believer forever:
John 14:16, 17
And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever; even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
20. Because the believer is preserved unto the heavenly kingdom:
II Timothy 4:18
And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever.
21. Salvation is obtained, not attained:
Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.
22. Because Christ will raise every believer up at the last day:
No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
23. Because we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Christ once for all:
By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
24. Because the believer has already been redeemed. (Past tense)
I Peter 1:18,19
Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot.
25. Because salvation is by grace, and not by any mixture of grace and works:
And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.
In conclusion, let me quote a previous verse that will give us a better understanding of this study:
I John 2:19
They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.
The proof of the believer is the fact that they have continued to walk after and serve their Savior. We are not allowed to judge the salvation of mankind but the Bible is clear, we are allowed to be fruit inspectors. --- "ye shall know them by their fruits"
« Back to Articles